It Was Right There
A woman is left heartbroken at her job at LaGuardia airport.
Manning is a published monologist, comedian & playwright. She is published in Rowman and Littlefield, Inc. entitled 100 MONOLOGUES FROM NEW PLAYS 2020 – WOMEN. Her one woman show “Airwaves” premiered in March at the wildproject and can be viewed here. As a playwright, Manning has self produced six plays, three of which were in Fringe’s FRIGID festivals for three consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019). Her work has been shown at Dixon Place, The Kraine Theater, wildproject, The Brick, Manhattan Rep, Theater Under St. Marks, Vital Joint, The Footlight and more. Her pilot of LES MUSEUMS was selected for the 2021 Austin Revolution Film Festival, the 2020 Big Apple Film Festival and advanced to the semifinal round of ScreenCraft StagePlay Contest (2020). Her short THOSE WHO CAN’T has been named an Official Selection of the Reel 13 Short Film Contest, and her pilot SUNNY & 70 was accepted as a Fastidious Official Selection.
A BIT ABOUT THE PLAYWRIGHT
1. When did you start writing plays? If you had a moment where you realized you wanted to write, what was it?
After seeing “This is Our Youth” I put pen to paper.
2. How did you come to write your OOB play? Was there a particular inspiration behind its creation? How has it developed?
The character came to me on a lay over at the airport.
3. What are 5 words that describe who you are as a playwright?
lather, rinse do not repeat
4. What/who are some of the major influences on your writing?
Christopher Guest, Patricia Highsmith, Annie Baker
5. What’s one fact someone would never guess about you?
I took hip-hop classes every Wednesday night for ten years.
6. What are some of your favorite plays?
The Wolves, The Crucible, The Humans (Anything with “The” in front of it)
7. Any new projects you’re working on or shameless plugs?
My solo show, “Airwaves” is streaming on vimeo!